Friday, September 19, 2008

Welcome, Terrible Twos

Well, I think it has officially happened. The terrible twos have infected my sweet, perfect, little boy. I have been witnessing some warning signs the past few weeks. You know....him ignoring me....throwing toys....screaming in the store after I tell him "no"....sticking his hand in his poopy diaper.... All the wonderful things that make me realize how much I love him after I put up with his antics. But, today, I decided that something had to be done. So far, I am going to try to not have to give him any "love pats", but man, do I want to sometimes! The past couple of days, I have tried doing a modified "time out" where I just remove him from the current situation and then sit him down by himself and I leave. He doesn't like it when I remove myself from him right now, so that is just about the only thing I can think of (besides spanking) that will get his attention. I don't quite know if he understands that level of cause and effect yet, so I don't know if it's going to work. But, I have to do something. Now, what do I do about the screaming in the grocery store? Because "no" only makes him scream more (because then it's funny to him that Mommy is mad). Where's Supernanny when you need her?

1 comment:

Cat said...

So, did Sam do any artwork on the wall with his poop? One of the docs I worked with was late to surgery because his 2 year old had reached into his diaper and used his poop to draw on the walls!

As for the display at the store, good luck! You might consider distracting him by offering things you approve of for him to choose.