Tuesday, September 9, 2008

He Would Have

Tonight, while I was working out (gotta burn those chocolate calories!), the song that Brian and I danced to at our wedding reception came onto my Ipod. It made me think of my dad, because I remember him sitting and watching us while we danced. The other day, I heard the song that Dad and I danced to, which almost brought a tear to my eye.

It is always difficult to go through milestones without him. When Sam was born, I mourned his loss all over again. And now that we have moved to Europe, I can't help but feel sad, knowing that I can't share this experience with him.

Brian and I have talked a little bit about who we think will come to visit us while we are here. A couple of times, Dad has come up, and we wonder if he would have come. I think....that it might have taken a little bit of coaxing...but...at the end of the day...I think he would have.

2 comments:

Steph C said...

I'm sure its really tough. I know I would feel the same way. Just so you know - I'm sure he was really proud of you - any parent would be and I'm sure that he knew by the way that you live your life that you were only going to give him more and more reasons to be proud of you. Thought you might like to hear that from an outside source

Cat said...

He would have traveled to see you all for sure. He learned to water ski, didn't he? What an amazing day!