Monday, September 1, 2008

Settling In

I have always been a lazy unpacker. Ask Brian. He will reassure you that my still-full suitcase is usually sitting on our bedroom floor several days after we have returned from a trip. Not that I didn't have a legitimate excuse this time (ahem...like, nowhere to put the contents!), but I just unpacked my suitcase today. Some of it had already found a home, but a lot of my clothes remained in my big, green bag...with the airline tags still attached.

Tonight, the tags went into the garbage, and the shirts, shorts, and socks went into the closet or my dresser. It felt good to finally put the suitcase into storage. It was clearly a symbolic gesture. Now that we have our furniture, and we're setting up our house, we are starting to settle in.

No comments: