Thursday, September 4, 2008

Answer to My Question

Yesterday, after Brian got home from work, I brought out the tiny, cute, French grapes I had just bought at the supermarket. "These grapes have seeds in them!" I ranted. It seems it is difficult to find seedless grapes here. "Who eats these things, anyway?" Well, it seems that our little Samuel answered my question for me. This morning, he begged for them, so I cut some in half to remove the seeds, nearly destroying them in the process. Then, I couldn't keep up with his pace, so I let him try a whole one. He spit the seeds out with disgust. However, at supper time, he was begging for them again. This time, I let him help himself, and he seemed to like that. One after the other, seeds and all, he ate the entire grape. And, no, he wasn't swallowing them whole. Sometimes, I could even hear the crunch of the seed. Gross!! I wonder if that's how the Belgians do it? Do they eat the seeds...or do they spit them out? Phew....another question, just waiting to be answered...
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet some eat the seeds and others don't. With sunflower seeds in the kernel I often eat the whole thing. Likewise with peanuts and their shells.

Jamie said...

Very interesting, Mr. Hill. I did not know that people did that! Thanks for the comment.

Gma said...

Grandpa Rock would be proud of the little guy...eating grapes as nature intended...seeds and all.