Monday, September 22, 2008

Good Day

Today was one of those days that leaves you feeling all warm and sentimental. Sam had some rough times, but the majority of the day was a lot of fun. This afternoon, we went to a park that has a lot of trails, some sculptures, and a chateau on the property. It's amazing, but this park is actually free. It was donated by a family for public use. After we move from here, this park will definitely be something that I will miss.

Well, tonight, Brian had a work dinner to attend, so it was just Sam and me all day. Having extra time with him can sometimes be exhausting, but tonight it was really fun. Part of that might be due to the fact that I also got to talk to one of my girlfriends on the phone for about an hour!!

Anyway, giving him a bath was actually fun! Sam likes taking a bath, until the cleaning part. Then he fusses (which is an improvement over the screaming and crying he used to do with it). Also, getting him dressed and helping him brush his teeth were more enjoyable than usual. Reading him his bedtime stories was very, very pleasant, too.

When it was time to put him in bed, I was a little sad. I started to think about how I have been really blessed to be able to stay home with him the past almost-two years. I felt wistful as I thought about how I will probably put him in preschool next year...and then he will go to kindergarten....and eventually, he will be big. It's days like these that make me want to slow things down and really take in life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww. I know how ya feel. Hopefully you have more days like this and less days of the other kind.

khenneise said...

SOOOO like the blog I did the other day. I totally understand! I've been feeling very nostalgic/sentimental a lot lately - I seem to get that way in fall for some reason.