Monday, October 6, 2008

When it Rains...

My head was spinning this past weekend. Why is it that when something breaks, tons of other unfortunate events often immediately follow?

At the end of last week, Sam became ill with a nasty cold that he is still battling. Then, I found out that I need to have my car looked at. Then, our heater wasn't working properly. Then, I found out that we need to get a broken light in our driveway fixed. And...we have two leaks from the incessant rain, and no one can figure out why they are occurring. Oh yeah....and did I mention that I'm living in Belgium, and not only does getting something done take three times longer anyway, but I also have to speak French to get these services?

Well, today the heating guy came, and it's such a relief that he spoke some English. Also, he was such a nice and caring person. Tomorrow, the electrician is coming to fix the light. He was also very nice on the phone.

Maybe in the next few days, I'll have a pouring down of good experiences.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope so. Cheer up. You could be living in DeKalb. Ha!

khenneise said...

When it rains it pours - on both of us I guess! Keira had RSV, then dislocated her elbow and they found a buckle fracture in her wrist. Man, this past week or so's been rough (there was more, but I'm not going to whine about it all right now). I feel for you! Hang in there - I'll be praying that things lighten up for you!