Friday, February 27, 2009

It's Official

Most of the people who read this already know, but I haven't made the announcement on my blog yet. It looks like American Mommy en Belgique will be coming to an end fairly soon. In short, we are being sent back to the U.S.

Our 3-5 year projected assignment has been reduced to a mere 9 months, mostly due to the global economic crisis.

We worked very hard to prepare for our move here. We sold our house. We moved most of our belongings overseas. We had to figure out how to live here, when we didn't speak the language. Then, we started to learn the language. After we were finally settling in and were able to just enjoy living here, we found out that we have to pack everything up again and ship it back. It is unknown how long we will be in our next destination. A couple years? That's what they say. But, right now, I am just hoping that Brian doesn't lose his job before this crisis is over and done with.

I know that I should be thankful for a lot of things--and I am. But, that's not what this post is about. This post is about embracing the chaos that we have been thrown into. I don't expect anyone to feel sorry for us. And...I'm sure that few do, because I'm betting the perception is that we've been on a 7-month long holiday. I have a lot of fears about what going back is going to be like, but I guess that is for a different post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I imagine your return is bitter sweet. Hope all goes well. Say hi to Brian for us.