Saturday, June 21, 2008

In the beginning...

It's a little difficult to figure out what exactly I want this blog to be. I am pretty sure I want to keep it, since I'm going to have so many new experiences coming up. But....who do I want to share it with? Will anyone even read it.... And if they do, will they really care?

What do I reveal? Do I remove my "mask"? --You know, the way we portray ourselves to others. Do I let my true self shine through as much as possible?

I don't want to come across as someone whose life is nothing but bliss. Yeah, I am going to be living in Europe, and I'm going to get to see a lot of new things, but I don't want everyone to think I'm bragging about my situation. I really just want to "connect" with you. I want to tell you about the things I see and do. I want to be free to talk about the things that are really cool or just interesting. I also want to be able to complain about the things that really suck.

You will probably roll your eyes at my corny-ness, but that's okay. I know I'm corny...and highly sentimental. I'm fairly intelligent, but I'm not a genius, so I might not have too many mind-blowing epiphanies that you haven't already realized.

Just as long as you understand that I don't really know what I'm doing with this blog...and that I'm not promising to be original, we'll be okay.

I want to be candid, and I want to "me", but like I said before.....how much "me" I am in this blog will depend on how it morphs throughout time.

No comments: