Thursday, December 25, 2008

Not Yet

Last night, we enjoyed a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner at our American friends' house. It was so nice to be with another family during such a family-focused holiday. As the conversation progressed, the topic became centered on the financial crisis. Our friends mentioned that another American here...and his family were being sent home a little earlier than expected. This made me think about how I would feel if we were told that we had to go back to the States in the next couple of months. As much as I truly miss my family and friends, I think I would feel such a sense of disappointment. There is so much more to see here. There is so much more culture to experience. There is so much more French to learn. I do miss the U.S., but I'm not ready to go back yet.

No comments: