Sunday, November 23, 2008

Chicago?

Are you sure this is Belgium? It has been snowing, non-stop all afternoon, with no signs of stopping. When we were house-hunting, before we moved here, we asked the agent, Bernard, how much it snows in this area of Belgium. He held up his index finger and thumb, as if he were pinching something very tiny between them--indicating "just a little." Well, I am looking at the accumlated snow on our patio table, and it looks like at least an inch between yesterday and today, and this is only November. So, I don't mind that we're getting all of this snow, but I sure hope they have the resources to clear it off of the roads.

4 comments:

Cat said...

When gauging the gentleman's comment about how much snow falls in Belgium, maybe you should have been looking at the space between his hands and not his fingers. Just like the story about how big was the fish. Do you know what I meant?

Cat said...

How does Sam feel about the snow?

Jamie said...

I am not familiar with that particular story, but I think I know what you mean. :-) I think Bernard's other hand was either holding something or by his side, so I don't think he tricked me. The snow is all melted now, so it seems that it doesn't stick much here. Sam seems like he enjoys looking at the snow, but doesn't really want to touch it so far.

JMK said...

Hey Jamie,

I didn't realize you had a blog- good to hear about your adventures!

Hope all is well!!